Health & Safety
Tarpon’s most valuable asset is our people; therefore, we take the health and safety of our employees seriously. Our primary goal is to ensure our workforce arrives home safely at the end of each day.
We have built a framework for maintaining a healthy and safe working environment by meeting or exceeding industry requirements and best practices. We have developed comprehensive health and safety policies and programs while our safety team works closely with employees and clients to ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
Some of our on-going programs and initiatives include:
- Engaging employees in critical safe work procedures that recognize high risk, high hazard job tasks. We are continuously developing and improving our critical safe work practices and employee training initiatives to mitigate or eliminate workplace hazards.
- Conducting regular employee safety and tailgate meetings using comprehensive reporting tools.
- Providing the information, instruction, training and supervision at all levels necessary to help ensure that employees are competent to undertake their work activities and are aware of any related hazards and the measures to be taken to protect against them.
- Conducting external and internal audits to ensure successful execution and continual improvement of our health and safety program.
- Participating in Safety Stand Down, an ENFORM sponsored initiative, to promote the importance of safety in the workplace. Tarpon’s leadership and safety teams visit branch locations and client worksites across North America to discuss the importance of working safely.
- Promoting Personal Safety Involvement (PSI) as part of our overall safety program, which encourages employees and contractors to look out for one another in the workplace. Our philosophy is ‘if you see it – you own it.’
- Conducting our annual Safety Calendar Contest that is designed to teach children the importance of safety in a fun, educational and meaningful way while bringing safety into the homes of Tarpon employees.
We are also a member of several online safety registries which allow our clients to view, collect and verify pertinent safety records, statistics, etc.